Hey there DoubleDip babes! We’ve recently launched our Gel brand (Bella Vena) , making it possible for you to do a dip mani without worrying about dip flu! In addition, you also don’t have to worry about that pesky top coat brush hardening as well. The gel method is a great alternative to solve your most common problems! Keep reading to find out how it works!
Please refer to our article on How to Prep your Nails before getting started. Great nail preparation is the most important factor in keeping your nails from lifting. No matter how well you apply your products, if you do not correctly prepare your nails, it will eventually lift within two or three days of your nails getting done. Please make sure that you have correctly
1. Apply your gel base coat in a very thin layer to your entire nail. Please make sure that everything is fully covered and that you have capped your free edge. This is a very minute but important step to prevent your nails from lifting. Please make sure that you’re not applying too much base coat on your nails as this will lead to the product clumping after you dip. If you notice that some base coat has gotten on your skin, you can wipe it off with your nail and then wipe your nail on a paper towel or use a cuticle stick.
2. If you would like to use the pour method, skip to step 3. Carefully dip your nails into clear dipping powder. Dip your nails at a 45° angle to prevent the powder from clumping up. You can also lay your nail in the powder. If you are dipping in glitters or shimmers, this method usually gives better results.
3. This is an optional step, but if you do not wish to dip your nails or if you keep experiencing an uneven application when you’re dipping your nails, you can also try the pour over method. In order to do this, you will first need a dip tray. Then, you can put your nail over the dip tray and slowly pour your powder over the nail. The extra powder should fall into the dip tray which can be poured back into your jar after you are done. You do not have to dip your nails in the jar if you use this method. Please choose either one of the other.
4. Use a toothpick or the pointy end of your cuticle pusher to clean around your cuticle line.
5. Use a fluffy brush to get rid of the excess powder.
6. Repeat this method on all of your nails for one hand. If you do this on both hands, it will lead to one potentially messing up. Please wait till you have cured everything before moving on. Not curing your nails is the equivalent of not applying activator, everything is still soft and can still shift around.
8. Repeat steps 1-5 on your nails for another coat of clear to get a nice and even layer
9. Repeat steps 1-5 again for two coats of color powder on your nails. You can do three layers if you feel like the color is not opaque enough for your liking.
10. If you are dipping with glitter, add an extra layer of clear to encapsulate everything. Applying a layer of clear will prevent you accidentally filing off the glitter when you’re buffing and filing your nails. You can still smooth out bumps and fix how your nails look without affecting the color. If you want to apply less layers of color and just add a clear on top to buff and shape if you feel like your nail is opaque enough with one coat, this also works.
11. Depending on the type of gel base coat you have, you may want to get some alcohol on a cotton pad and wipe it over the surface of all of your nails to remove the tacky layer.
13. Apply cuticle oil to your nails and rub it in to rehydrate them.
14. Repeat this method with your other hand.
That’s it! Woohoo! You’re done :) Congratulations on learning how to dip using the gel method. We hope this article was helpful to you! As always, you are more than welcome to leave comments below on other types of articles and blog posts you would like us to write. You can also send us a quick DM on instagram or leave a comment! Help us help you.
Thank you so much for reading all the way to the end of this article! We hope you have a magnificent rest of your day! If you do complete a full gel method dip mani after reading our instructions, please post your nails up in our Facebook Secret Beauty Circle and tell them we sent you! Farewell!