In this article blog, we're going to teach and guide you on how to color block using our best at-home nail dipping powder kit.
Watch until the end of the video to find out how to do color blocking with your nails!
Products used for this tutorial:
Double Dip Base #2
Double Dip Activator #3
Double Dip Top Coat #4
Double Dip Cuticle Nourishing oil #6
Dip Powders used (in order)
685 - Grenadine
658 - Sweet and Twisted
694 - Fairy Green
483 - Mystic Forest
578 - Strawberry Mousse
LET’S BEGIN DOUBLE DIP BABES!
*If you wanna know how to properly prep your nail for dip powder application, please click this link right here.
2. Take Double Dip Base #2 and start applying a thin even layer to your entire nail.
3. While the dip base is still wet, dip your nail at an angle into the dip powder.
4. Tap away the excess dip powder and then dip your nail into the next color. *repeat steps 2 and 3 for all of your other nails.
Keep in mind that there is slight contamination of colors in doing this method for color blocking. So, if you would like to completely reduce that risk of contamination, pour your dip powder into a different container for this manicure.
MAKE SURE TO CAREFULLY TAP AWAY THE EXCESS DIP POWDER VERY WELL BEFORE DIPPING INTO THE NEXT COLOR.
This is a fast-drying dip powder system, you need to work very quickly otherwise the color won’t stick to the nails.
5. If all of your nails are dry, grab your fluffy nail brush and dust away from the excess dip powder.
6. Add a second layer of Dip Powder to all of your nails. Repeat steps 2 - 4.
In doing the second layer, make sure to ONLY DIP YOUR NAILS INTO THE POWDER TO YOUR PREVIOUS COLORLINE.
7. After all the nails are dry, take your fluffy nail brush and dust away again the excess nail dip powders.
8. Take the Double Dip Activator #3 and apply a generous amount to your entire nails. This step is essential. Activator allows your layers of Dip Powder to fully dry.
9. Grab your hand file and reshape the edges of your nails, and file over the surface of your nails to achieve a smooth-like finish manicure.
REMINDER: You don’t need to file over the surface of your nails that much. If you like, you can use your buffing block to smoothen the surface of your nails.
10. Once your done shaping, filling, and removing the dust, grab your Double Dip Top Coat #4, and apply a thin and even layer to all of your nails.
REMINDER: Make sure to apply a THIN layer, this will allow your nail to dry faster and evenly.
11. Make sure the 1st layer of the Top Coat is fully dry before applying the second layer of your Dip Top Coat.
12. Once your nails are fully dry, grab your Double Dip Cuticle Nourishing oil #6 and apply it to your cuticles. This liquid helps to dehydrate your cuticles as well as your skin. It smells soo good too! 💗
TIP: You can gently massage your nails after applying the Cuticle Nourishing oil #6 :)
And that’s it! You’re done!
With these easy at-home 12 steps, you’ll achieve this gorgeous manicure using this handy, affordable yet high-quality best nail dipping powder kit!
If you want to see more helpful and easy articles or video tutorials from Double Dip, make sure to like, share and subscribe to our channel!
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIALS!
YOUTUBE: Double Dip Nails
Double Dip Facebook Group Community: Double Dip Nails Tips & Tricks💅🏼 - Exclusive Private