A lot of you have been asking if it's possible to encapsulate things like butterflies in dip powder. Well, Double Dip has the answer!
For this tutorial, our beautiful influencer used Double Dip's DD576 Vine Ivory and 000 Clear Base Dip powders. Double Dip's nail fluffy brush is a must, and of course, the essential liquids which are the Dip Base, Activator, and Top Coat. Don't forget your hand file and buffer!
For this manicure, she uses Double Dips Natural False Nail Tips for Dip or Acrylic Nails (coffin shape). These cuties are very easy to use and convenient to choose the best size for your nails, easy to trim and file them to any length and size.
For encapsulating she uses the Holographic Butterfly Sequins Set.
Friendly tip: In choosing your tip sizes, please make sure that each tip goes from sidewall to sidewall.
So, let's start!
- Apply some brush on the nail glue to the inside of the tip. Place it on your nail and hold it in place for a few seconds. Do the same steps to the rest of your nails.
- Grab a nail clipper and trim down the desired length of your tip then use a nail file to shape your nail.
Important tip: Don't forget to nail file over the surface of your nail tip.
- Take your fluffy nail brush and eliminate all the dust.
*For this tutorial, our beautiful influencer used Double Dip's DD576 Vine, Ivory, as her base color.
- Take the Dip Base Essential Liquid #2 and gently apply it to your nails.
- For the first layer of dip powder, she's only applying the dip base just underneath where the nail tip meets her natural nail.
- After applying the Dip Base, dip your nail into the Dip Powder and tap away from the excess dip powder. Repeat the same step for the rest of your nails.
- Once the layer is fully dry, take your fluffy nail brush and dust away from the excess dip powder.
- For the second layer of dip powder, apply the dip base a little bit further down the nail. Take your time and slowly work your way down to the cuticle.
* When you have long nails, you do want to work your way down the cuticle to give your nails a little bit of structure that prevents them from breaking. And if you're doing a dip powder on short nails, you can do two layers of the dip powder color.
- Take your fluffy nail brush and dust away from the excess dip powder.
- For the third layer of dip powder, apply the dip base to your entire nail. Once you applied the dip base, dip your nail into the powder.
* If your nails are long, take a cuticle pusher and scoop up some dip powder and pour it over your nails.
- Repeat the same steps for all of your other nails. After that, take your fluffy nail brush and dust away from the excess dip powder.
- You can do one more layer of dip powder over your entire nail. This will give you a solid color around your cuticle area! After that grab your nail brush and gently dust away from the excess dip powder.
- Take the Essential Liquid Activator #3 and gently apply this generously to your entire nails. This step is very important because it allows the dip powder layers to fully dry. Remember that the layers need to be fully dry before you can file and shape your nails. Then Take the hand file and reshape your nails again. Next, grab your buffing block and buff the surface of your nails, this helps get rid of all the lumps to achieve a smooth surface.
- To apply the butterfly to your nails, first apply the dip base liquid #2 to your nails, and while it's still wet pick up a Holographic Butterfly Sequins using tweezers and creatively place it on your nails.
- Once that layer of Dip base is fully dry, you can add another layer of dip base liquid to your nail. Then you can dip your nail into the clear powder. Repeat the same steps for all of your entire nails.
* You can be as creative as you can be! :)
- After dusting away the excess clear dip powder, do your last layer of clear dip powder. You can do two layers of clear dip powder to achieve the smooth surface of your nail. Next, take a fluffy brush and gently dust away from the excess dip powder.
- Apply another layer of the Essential Liquid Activator #3 and gently apply this generously to your entire nails. Then, take your buffing block and buff the surface of your nails again.
- Take your Dip Top Coat Essential Liquid #4 and apply two layers of this to your entire nails.
* When applying a Dip Top Coat, make sure your application is thin and even layers.
- After applying two layers your Dip Top Coat... Voila, you're done!